Dear Leader notarises:
"Saturday, 2 January 2016. set many firsts in the illustrious history of DBSC. In addition to being our first event of 2016 it was a first timer on a number or fronts.
- We had two celebrity visitors both named Tim.
- One was Tim Alexander, Dear Leader's FD crew in the 1972 and 1976 Olympics. Tim has had a recent and rare stroke of good sense - having dabbled in a Radial for some time he is now back sailing in the main event.
- The second Tim was Tim Law, a gun GM Standard sailor from GBR. We are normally cautious in welcoming refugee Poms into the Club, but GBR Tim brought a slab of beer and his lovely wife Bernadette with him, whereupon his entry fee was promptly waived!
- Another first was the number of Sprint races sailed - we lost count after 10 - and all had a great day on the Harbour, despite a fairly unstable 8-12 knot SE breeze.
- Another first was the calibre of the spectator fleet. Cementing DBSC's premier Laser club status, we had Malcolm, and Lucy, watching the high standard racing from the Prime Ministerial yacht "Daisy" - other Laser clubs, eat your hearts out!
Enjoy some previous Christmas photos from the archives....courtesy of our Society Photographer....