Obviously, DBSC primary objectives are to:
- convert all sailors to the Laser class;
- convert all golfers into sailors; and, generally,
- global domination by taking over ILCA, ISAF, IOC, world government (i.e. the United Nations) and FIFA.
However, we all need some downtime and our members are encouraged to use the clubhouse for fellowship functions. Some events are banned for reasons only an imbecile would need an explanation for, and these include:
- 15 year birthday parties, 16 year birthday parties.... up to and including 32 year birthday parties;
- celebrations for School Certificate, Higher School Certificate, Bachelor's degrees, Master's degrees and non-STEM PhDs;
- divorce/seperation parties; and, in a large catch-all,
- any event where more money is spent on alcohol than victuals.
This leaves all sorts of other parties: weddings; mother's day; christenings (and the secular alternatives of naming parties); Toastmasters; Rotary functions; book clubs; bridge games; crocheting clubs; etc.
To show how well the clubhouse scrubs up, here are some photos.
If you are interested in a fellowship function at the club, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org