Congratulations to Mark Bethwaite for retaining his world crown in the full rig, great grand masters division (aka the oldest blokes with the big rigs). Mark won comfortably with a day to spare, so very well done.
Other notable results:
- Brett Beyer won his 9th title, this time with nine bullets
- Martin White finished 7th in the grand master radials
- Keith Wilkins (dad of our new member Jason) won his 13th world title (itself a record), this time as a radial great grand master. Rob Lowndes was second in this division.
- Andrew Simpson finished strongly after breaking a mast
- Pat Levy and David Huber had solid regattas and no doubt will be faster for the experience
Dear Leader penned the following summary.....
DBSC has had a great regatta - GGM Standard cube is in my luggage, Martin White, Pat Levy and David Huber had good regattas and Andrew Simpson was about to make a strong run home when he broke his (brother’s!) mast. Australia in the person of Brett Beyer won the Masters Standard and he generously agreed with me that all he knows he learned as a member of DBSC some years back! Rob Lowndes came a strong second in the GGM Radial and for time to time he has been known to add lustre to the DBSC fleet. So in football parlance, DBSC scored once and had several goal assists!
Hyeres was tres agreable - nous avons bon régate, mange et buve avec nos amis Laser de tout le monde.