Each week, three volunteers forego the privilege of sailing themselves on Sydney Harbour to ensure that their fellow comrades can do so safely. We aim that each member helps once per season, which allows us to share to load. It follows that as we get toward the back end of the season, the available pool of people who have not done their turn this season reduces and any required reshuffling can leave a hole which is harder to fill than earlier in the season.
This week happens to be one of those weeks -- we have a PRO and a CoCOTD, but no COTD currently signed up.
If you have not done your 'duty' this year and feel up to the task this Saturday please contact Mark Crowhurst (0439 872 305).
If you have not done your duty and do not feel up to the task this Saturday, we know who you are, and you may get a call.
Some things to consider:
- The forecast is 25+ knots and raining [tough sailing weather, comparatively good RIB'ing weather]
- You will have increased popularity at VYC for the post race feasting [colder beer]
- You will remove yourself from the available pool of people for 'duty' when less desirable conditions for RIB'ing and more desirable conditions for sailing do arise
- You will be considered instrumental in assisting DBSC's continued victory over VYC in the Rolex Vaucluse Challenge
- The more you help around the club, the more favourable you are looked upon for rack positioning!
- Mike Leigh will give you a front row seat at his lecture on Wednesday night*
*may or may not be true