18 members represented DBSC at the recent Laser Nationals hosted by Adelaide Sailing Club.
We had four standards, five radials and an impressive nine 4.7 representatives.
With the conditions particularly light (often 2-5 knots) in the first half of the regatta,locals were heard saying, “you should have been here last week” and “it’s never like this in Adelaide”. The notorious Adelaide sea breeze did eventually emerge on occasions during the second half of the regatta, but it was mostly very unstable with big variations in the breeze.
The great news was the great turnout and results from the youth.
Full DBSC results:
4.7’s fleet of 58
- Jack Littlechild 1st
- Boston Cortis 4th
- Will Cooley- 5th Overall, 1st Under 16
- Mark Louis 14th Overall
- Brooke Wilson - 26th Overall, 1st Under 16 Girl
- Daniel Costandi - 31st Overall
- Sylvie Stannage - 32nd Overall, 2nd Under 16 Girl
- Will McMillan - 33rd Overall
- Henry Davison - 38th Overall
Radials fleet of 99
- Noah Taylor 6th
- MarlenaBerzins 17th(3rd Youth girl)
- Martin White - 50th Overall (but there is a discrepancy with his DNC!!), 6th Grand Master
- Pat Levy - 11th silver fleet, 8th Grand Master
- Charlotte Alexander - 43rd silver
Standard fleet of 55
- Finn Alexander 5th (Under 21 winner)
- Nikola Churkoski - 19th Overall
- Ian Alexander - 32nd Overall - 8th Master!!
- Gerry Donohoe - 45th Overall - 12th Master!
According to Martin, Our oldies did us proud and gained from the experience.