October long weekend brings several celebrations
- Annual day of rest and celebration for the workers
- NRL grand final
- Closure of the ski season
- AFL grand final (a passing fad for Sydney workers)
- Last weekend before parents can hand daytime custody back to teachers
- Daylight savings implemented, robbing us of an hour's sleep (or an hour's drinking if you're still at uni)
Implications for DBSC members are:
- Informal non Pointscore racing this weekend. Probably sprints, possibly 6-8 races. probably 2 lap windward /leewards, potentially about 20 minutes each race, likely with 3 minute start sequence (4.7s start on 2 mins, radials on 1 min, standards on 0). But there will certainly probably be some changes to this plan.
- Weekly Wednesday night twilight sailing starts on Wednesday 7 October and continues throughout daylight savings. Celebrate hump day with a sail. Aim for a 5.30pm splash. Very informal sprints, often rabbit starts (we'll explain on the day), all welcome.