With many Lasers being winterized from this Saturday, this is an opportunity to ensure:
- boats have names and numbers on their stern;
- spars are marked with boat numbers and left within their allocated rack space;
- foils, bags, life jackets, booties, etc are left in the cockpit of the owner's boat and not on the clubhouse floor or on the neighbour's stern;
- boat covers are left on boats or kept at home, and not on the floor of the club;
- no clothing is left in the change rooms; and,
- no food, or food wrappers, are left in boats, bags, life jackets or clothes (because we are making a concerted effort to wipe out the non-indigenous rodents).
The Dene Bergman is being taken out of the water this coming Saturday so hydraulic steering can be fitted and the annual motor maintenance can occur. It will be in the centre aisle of the clubhouse until the work is finished.
Indications are that a number of the younger folk and masters will be training throughout the winter. We hope to publish a calendar soon of these informal sessions....we might even use some interact social media technology!