We know the French like to thumb there nose at the US, despite having more McDonalds Restaurant than any country outside North America, but ignoring the power of the internet by creating the worst Laser event website ever is over the top.
Clear failings, and this is a non-exclusive list, include:
- Dear Leader has assured me he has won a few races, but he is down with 2nds on the website.
- No social media snaps of the sartorial excellence of David H and Pat L.
- Despite it being a Pavlovian response, there is no acknowledgement that Blackie has been running a Learn to Race session for locals prior to each day's racing.
- Denis is MIA on the website.
- Tony is down representing Australia and not our local French enclave.
- etc, etc.....
Let's do a bit of a whip around to fund the train fare for someone to come down from CERN to explain la Internet to the locals......
STOP PRESS 1
Reporting from the front (Great Grand Master Standards), our special correspondent on sabbatical from MainSail, Shirley Robertson reports.....
"All good in Hyeres.
Dear Leader Sailed races 2 and 3 today - won both. Race 2 was 7-10kt E and very lumpy seas, tricky and only took lead half way through. Race 3 was fresher 14-18kt and steep seas - zoomed off the line and was never headed although winning margin was not big.
The good news is that three boats have shared the three second places on offer so .. tres bonne!"
STOP PRESS 2
STOP PRESS 3
Facebook for updates and photos.